CALENDAR      NEWS      PHOTO GALLERY      OUR BLOG        

     


Cultural Heritage Historic Homes & Buildings Homesteaders Day Pow Wow Trains: BNSF Railway



Hardy is filled with historic homes and buildings, many of them on the National Register of Historic Places, including:


Carrie Tucker House
Hwy. 62 E of Echo Lane
ca. 1928 vernacular English Revival building
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 2/12/1999

David L. King House
2nd & Kelly Streets
1919 concrete block American Foursquare building
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 10/4/2002.



Ernest Daugherty House
3rd. St. W. of Kelly Ave.
1932 Craftsman-style structure
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.

Esther Locke House
SE corner of Spring & 3rd Streets
1936-7 building built as a combination residence and boarding house
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.



Floyd Jackson House
W side of Jackson St.
1929 house built in Craftsman design accentuated with beaded mortar
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.

Fred Carter House
School Ave. N of 4th St.
ca. 1947 fieldstone structure with attached garage
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.



Fred Graham House
Hwy. 62 W of Springwood Rd.
1931 Tudor Revival-style structure
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 2/12/1999.

Hardy Cemetery Historic Section
Bounded by Main St., Kelly St., Cope Ave. and Burlington RR
1886-present city cemetery
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 3/2/2006.



Hardy Downtown Historic District
Encompassing Kelly, Front, Church & 3rd Streets
1880-1945 collection of commercial, residential and institutional structures
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 9/22/1995.

Lee Weaver House
Main & Cope Streets
1924 raised bungalow built of native stone
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.



Sherman & Merlene Bates House
Dawson & Echo Streets
1947 Craftsman-style structure
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 10/4/2002.

Sherman Bates House
Hwy. 63 & Echo Lane
1940 structure designed in a vernacular interpretation of the Tudor Revival style
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.



Silas Sherrill House
4th & Spring Streets
1927-28 house built in the Craftsman style of architecture
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.

Thomas Walker House
201 N. Spring Street
1925 stone Craftsman house
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 1/20/2005.



Web Long House and Motel
Hwy. 63 E. of Springwood Rd.
1943 house representing the transition for Minimalist Traditional buildings to the Ranch style, coupled with one of the first true motels - as opposed to individual tourist courts - in the area
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.

William Shaver House
School Ave. N of 4th St.
1947 flagstone structure
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 12/17/1998.



Woodland Courts
Near junction of Dawson & Old CCC Rds.
1938 group of 10 Plain Traditional-style cabins
Listed in National Register of Historic Places on 11/27/1992.